Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Desert Coastal

One of my favorite things to do is to browse HGTV's Rate My Space for design inspiration. One of my all-time favorite posters on the site has created a fantastic coastal environment in - of all places - Las Vegas! Pictured below are her living and guest rooms. I can't believe the desert is outside her front door...



Nothing defines coastal like clean-lined furniture slipcovered in white combined with the rough texture of seagrass or jute. This room showcases a great balance of neutrals and textures - the dark wood of the armchairs adds just the right amount of contrast.


A close-up of the seating area reveals a great seashell collection, which adds the perfect accent to the round seagrass ottoman. I love this rug!


This furniture piece is so gorgeous - it really makes the room. Its patina and texture offset the newness of the concrete floors perfectly.


Here, the homeowner has installed a wide pine plank wall in the guest bedroom of her "tract" home to add interest & really drive home the coastal theme. The whitewashed walls and all-white decor contrasted with aqua damask bedding and that petite chandelier is just beautiful.


I love a great painted floor!

To see the HGTV post for yourself, look here and here.


3 comments:

  1. Hi, question regarding your living room. It appears to be grey with brown/ivory curtains. I would never have thought to do that but it looks great!! Do I have the colors right? The colors appear to blend with fireplace tile. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The previous living room (in the before/after feature) is painted in Grisaille- Martha Stewart for Sherwin Williams - it's a kind of bluish/greenish/gray. The window treatments are a light chocolate damask. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how flattered I am that you've featured my rooms on your blog! Thanks and WOW!
    You did such a good job with the descriptions...much better that I could have done :o) Thanks for the huge compliment! I feel the same way about your spaces.

    ReplyDelete