Friday, July 23, 2010

Urban Coastal Before & After





My formal "Urban Coastal" living room is currently featured among the top rated living rooms on HGTV's "Rate My Space". It was previously in the number one spot for many months, but all good things must come to an end :)

The Design:

The mosaic fireplace was the inspiration for the coastal design. I added the modern damask linen window treatments to give the room a little depth - I was afraid at first that they compete with the mosaic and the color scheme of the room, but they blended nicely after all.


Here is a photo of how the previous owners of the house decorated the same room - the styles are completely different (modern eclectic vs. coastal/traditional eclectic), and it's interesting to see the effect of the transformation on the overall appearance of the space:




Quite a difference, no? And yes - that is a rocketship in the corner!


Next is my family room/casual dining area (also on Rate My Space), a sort of European beach theme:




And here it is decorated by the previous owner:




More to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment